Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Day Back!

Welcome Back Crew! 


We had such a wonderful first day back!  Boy did I miss the children!  And I am sure they all grew. (sorry to tell you this...and we are also half way to second grade!  Slow down world!)


My "boys" (dogs Jack and Eddie) came to school with me over break and the kids were so excited to see the pictures of them, especially Eddie reading a dog book in our class library and both Jack and Eddie sitting with our journal bear Integrity.  My real purpose for their visit was to have another personal narrative story of mine to share with the kids.  I will use this to model writing personal narratives.


We also read another Jan Brett book:  Hedgie Blasts Off!  Ask them to retell it to you.


Finally we had quite the fun time exploring in math today.  Pan scales, counting small items and covering the surface of an item as we learned about area were the three stations we rotated through.  We learned lots from each other during this exploration.










No comments:

Post a Comment