Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's Spring...We've blossomed!

I have large trees in my backyard and what seems like overnight, they have leafed out and have come to life.  In the same way, seemingly overnight, my crew has grown and blossomed into almost second graders.  Over the break they all grew at least an inch and each one of them seems more grown up.

You may not find comfort in hearing this!  I know as a parent sometimes my childrens' growing up made me happy and sometimes very melancholy as they headed towards becoming more and more independent from me.

Regardless of how we feel about their maturing,  it is all good from their perspective.  In these last weeks I'm pulling back more and more when I know what they ask for help with can be tackled on their own.  Struggling and persevering are such great challenges for each of us and they help us grow as people.

I'm doing my best to help grow your children.  And our wonderful IA teachers do the same at REMS.
What our crew did during this week's belaying was amazing and thrilling to watch.  They all took on personal challenges and they were so very pleased with themselves when they persevered.

Hooray for them!  Enjoy these pictures of this week's P.E. action.

No comments:

Post a Comment