Friday, August 24, 2012

Fall Voyage 2012

10 days in...
And off we go to the mountains on our first Voyage together as a crew of learners.
Amazing.  In such a short time I feel as though I know my crew members pretty well.  But what is so lovely about going outward bound with them is my opportunity to see them interact in a new environment, taking on new challenges, and putting into practice the character traits that we have just learned.  Perseverance, beneficence, empathy, stewardship, and integrity.  I watched with great pride as they supported each other at camp.  This is why I'm passionate about first graders!  This is why I love teaching at Renaissance!  

1 comment:

  1. I would simply like to state that every child is Miss Mary Beth's class is truly blessed to have her as a teacher. 'Prove it?' you ask? I know because she is my MOM and will love and treat each one of your children as if they were her own:) Have a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete