Saturday, September 1, 2012

Partner Reading

Reading plays an important role in our crew room.  I read aloud to them and take them to new reading levels in small groups in guided reading.  They are learning how to independently read for an extended period of time each day and then I give them a chance to share and talk about books with reading partners I've set up for them.  This is what readers do.  We read to take in information, escape, enjoy...and then we talk about it!  They love to share their books with each other!







Ask your child about The Treasure Tree.  I'm reading aloud from this book each day.  It is full of adventure and each character displays one of our character traits.  They BEG me to read this each day!  The illustrations are wonderful too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment