Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tips for Nightly Reading with Your Child

I grew up the oldest of five children.  I took to reading as a duck takes to water.  But this was not true for some of my siblings, and my son was not as enamored as my daughters were with books.  It took a while.

I'm a parent, just like you.  I want your at-home reading experience to go well for everyone.  I want it to be a time for building memories of love between you and your child.  This little book below says it well...





So, I guess what I want to say before sending that first book home is this is an opportunity to share love with your child.
There are no other expectations for your nightly reading! 
For those of you who want a bit more guidance, I'll offer some tips on the next post.

Books are love to me.  I hope your child will leave first grade feeling the same!




No comments:

Post a Comment