Sunday, September 14, 2014

There's No Replacing a Good Book!



Friday's Guest:  A Visit from the Public Library!

Ms. Laura from Phillip S. Miller
If your child bugged you about going to the library this weekend it is all my fault and I'm happy about it!

The children are so jazzed about the library books I bring in each week.  The books have really helped me jump-start the reading in our crew this year.

I wanted to inspire them and motivate them to get their own library cards and learn about the great things that are available to them.  They were so shocked that the library card is "FREE!"  

Along with the books, books on tape and CD-ROMs, and movies, we learned about something cool that can be checked out for 3 weeks like a book.  It is called a "play away" and it has a book on tape but is small like an I-pad.
They provide the batteries and everything!  Very cool! 

We also found out that Phillip S. Miller has a library do that comes in to be read to....AND (drum roll please)  a Lego day which is coming up!  

Monday they will be bringing home a library card application.
Hope you can find time to take your child to the library very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment